What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
- When completing a contact us or other form on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
- We collect information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
- We capture some information about your device, such as your IP address and information related to your visit when you browse our website and product catalog. For example, this might include time-stamp, the last page or product you visited, the indication that you logged in. We may also send periodic emails. The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
Do we use 'cookies'?
- You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browsers are a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
- If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won't affect the user's experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
- Monitor if our website is running with the high performance we are dedicated to providing;
- Let you browse between products without having to start back from the home page at each click.
- Additionally, we may use cookie information:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To follow up after correspondence (email or phone inquiries)
- We also use some specific information related to your visit, such as the timestamp of your visit, the page or the product you viewed, where you are coming from (if you came to our website because you clicked on an advertisement or you just opened our direct link). The information on your visit provides us with insights on your interests and allows us to send you relevant communications. We capture this information through cookies, called a "beacon," that we allow you to block.
Newsletter and marketing emails
- You are offered the opportunity to opt-in to our email newsletters by submitting your email address into the subscription box form in our footer, or into a promotional pop-up. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in the footer of every email. We do not rent, lease, or sell your information to anyone.
How do we process your information?
- We use an external provider to run our store, BigCommerce. BigCommerce is based in the US and is a participant in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and committed to providing best-in-class service and data protection. You can check its participation in the Privacy Shield here on the official site of The International Trade Administration (ITA), U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Through BigCommerce, we also use other, highly specialized external providers to provide the most competitive services. For example, an email service provider allows us to send newsletters to you.
How long do we keep your data?
- We keep your data for as long as required and may keep some data for security investigation. Therefore, we might need to retain certain data even if you ask to delete it.
Do we have any legal obligations when handling your data?
- Many. We might need to share your personal information to comply with applicable legal obligations.
How do we protect your information?
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters and submits their information to maintain the safety of your information.
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. All information submitted to this our site is for Welmed business purposes only. We do not sell, give away or trade any information on this site. We like our privacy, and we intend to keep your information private as well.
- We may implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google Ads
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
- Opting Out: Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
- According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- Can change your personal information by emailing us.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
- We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
- When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
Fair Information Practices
- The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
- In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within 7 business days.
- We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that Individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that Individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that Individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
- The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails.
- To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at [email protected] or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
Policy Modification Date: 4/20/2020
401 North Michigan Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60611